Liquid laundry detergent capsules are products to help you use just the right amount of detergent for your washing needs - they are used daily by millions of consumers. Whilst they are safe when used as intended as outlined on the product package, please store them in a safe place before and after use and always keep them out of reach of children. The companies placing these products on the market take your safety very seriously and guidance on their packs is provided in order to guarantee the safe use of their products for your family.
- Always read the label
- When handling liquid laundry detergent capsules, make sure your hands are dry
- Never pierce, break or cut liquid laundry detergent capsules
- Put the capsules directly into the drum of the washing machine
- Always close the lid or the bag properly and store away from children
- Remain calm
- Find the emergency information on the label
- Follow the first-aid instructions which are for liquid laundry detergent capsules:
- Do not ingest any liquid
- Do not induce vomiting (as this could aggravate the case)
- Do not initiate self-medication
- Call a doctor
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Remove contact lenses immediately (if/ when patient wears these)
- Contact a doctor if the irritation or pain persists
- Which product has been swallowed or splashed into the eyes
- How much of the product has been swallowed or splashed into the eyes
- At what time the product was swallowed or splashed into the eyes
- The symptoms
- First-aid measures performed
- The age and/or weight of the patient
- Known allergies
Join us in the campaign
Share the campaign on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest and earn a signet to show your support!
“Keep Caps from Kids” pan-European campaign is an initiative from A.I.S.E., the International Association for Soaps, Detergents and Maintenance Products on behalf of the detergent industry.
A.I.S.E. is supported by a broad network of National Associations including ICDA in Ireland.
"Keep Caps from Kids" is supported by: